Dr Kerryn Phelps AM MP
I’ve been a local doctor in Wentworth for almost 20 years. And as a City of Sydney Councillor, Former Deputy Lord Mayor, and former Federal President of the Australian Medical Association, I have extensive experience working in business, health and social justice advocacy at all levels of Government.
In my professional life, I have always taken a common sense approach to solving even the most complex problems. As your representative in Federal Parliament, I will be a strong voice for you in Canberra.
I care about:
• A secure future for Medicare and better delivery of health services
• Protecting our environment, including real action on climate change
• We must maintain an independent ABC free from political interference
• Encouraging entrepreneurship and supporting small business
• Protecting your investments and superannuation
• Fast-tracking investment in renewable energy
• Social justice and inclusion
• Secular government
• Humane treatment of asylum seekers on Nauru and Manus Island
• I believe it is our moral and ethical responsibility to bring an end to Live Sheep Exports
And I promise to behave like I have always done, with decency and respect for the people I represent.